filtration suggestion

djpj001

Reefing newb
Hey guys,

I'm planning to set up a 55 gallon fish only tank- mostly predators fishes. My eel is getting to big for my reef tank and it's feeding habits are a big bio load on my reef tank. I want to set up this tank on my corner coffee table. I plan to have a good amount of live rock, dsb, and normal lighting. I want it to be very basic but I don't know what filtration will be best for this setup. Someone mentioned to me to get a wet/dry but with the amount of live rock I will have I don't know if the wet/dry will be useful. I thought about a canister filter but, I heard they tend to bring the pH down. What do you guys suggest for filtration in a fish only predator tank?

THX-DJPJ

For a preditor with high bio loading I would go with the rainbow closed loop system. you will need to clean filters at least every 10 days or every week to keep on top of nitrates. a large canister filter will work also but you still need to clean weekly or so. you will still need a protein skimmer so maybe the sump combo will work the best. just some thoughts. good luck let us know what you decide.

Back