First Attempt at a Glue Job

Doc

I don't work for anybody
So I finally got some of that aquarium glue stuff at Home Depot yesterday and have a few new corals for free I want to try to glue down. Let me know how it looks. I think I used more than I needed, but I hope it will get covered wiht coralline

PC090005.jpg

PC090004.jpg

PC090006.jpg

I have still a rookie with this glue-down thing. I may get the hang of it yet.

-Doc

You done pretty good for a first timer Doc.
Those corals will eventually encrust the glue,so no worries there.

Thats not bad at all, it just takes practice. After a while it becomes really easy and the coral hold better for longer.

oh, so you mean I will have to re-attach them every so often? that sucks. I was hoping they would encrust over the rock after a month or so

-Doc

OMG you started a thread about THIS?!?! Way to pander for posts, Doc!!!

CareMap.jpg

Just kidding. I've been looking for a reason to use that post bomb for a while now. There's nothing like having a funny picture on hand and seizing the opportunity to share it! Figured it would have to be in either one of yours, Freak's, or Yote's posts as to not be misunderstood :).

Anyways, they will encrust over the rock on their own. I think he meant that YOU will become more skilled at it over time.

Ha!!! biff, that pic was classic. I about squirted milk out my nose when I read it. Great reply

As for the gel, I used; Loctite Super Glue Gel. It was $4.00. I applied it outside the water and set the coral onto the rock piece I wanted it on and held it for about a minute and it stayed put. Cool stuff

-Doc

You know, I remember my first glue job... I was 15. His name was...

Oh wait. Sorry. Got a bit confused there... ;)

And you call me lame?

Doc starts a thread for the freebies and another to show them glued down.Thats funny,he could of posted this in the same thread.

I am grateful the Mighty Dominick (good name for a superhero) praised my coral. I am sorry for over posting. I thought it would be nice seeing as how there seems to be a shortage of postable threads lately. I will cut back a bit.

-Doc

Doc, did you take the peice of rock out of the water when you applied the coral to it. Or did you apply it underwater?

I took the butt of the coral out of the water but left the majority in the water and squirted a healthy amount of the glue on the post and then quickly moved in through the water and rested it on the rock. I held it for a minute and it was stuck fast.

-Doc

Doc, don't worry about keeping acros out of the water, I have had them out for half and hour with no problems. The coral may fall off if a crab or snail hits it, sometimes the coral will encrust over quickly and sometimes they decide to grow up before out, so whatever, lol.

Back