First coral ever!

PringlesLFE

Mmm...Salty.
Well, my sleep deprived mind had decided it would be a great idea to do a 99-100% water change out of a tap water FOWLR. Ran out and bought four 2.5 gallon distilled water containers from the grocery store..totaled at around $11.
Came home and prepared the mix with Reef Accelerator and Kent Essential Elements.
Did the water change...which only sucked cus it's a pain to completely siphon a 10 gallon tank.
Picked up this vibrant bright green zoa frag for $10 and a Cauliflower Colt frag for $10.

Once I began epoxying and reaquascaping to deal with my pathetic 20 watts of PC light...I started losing hope and felt like i made a sleep deprived decision. Read Biff's comment not too long ago on my other thread and lost almost all hope.:grumble:

Solution: go outside in the backyard, smoke a cigarette, and play fetch with my dog. :mrgreen:

Came back in and the zoas are open! Not even close to as brilliant as in the store (obviously the lights/stress)...but they're not dead!:^:

My Colt on the other hand...

It`s not a good idea to do a complete PWC in SW. The chemical make up is changed so drastically. You are better to do frequent PWC`s so as not to change the make up of the water. FW might be different.

Whoa... I forgot I posted this cus I was gonna include pics but was havin a hard time focusing the camera...
Quick update then: Since last night, I tried repositioning the rock in order to catch more light...and the zoa closed up on me again. I'll be getting home around 11pm tonight and i'm gonna update again.
My colt definitely isn't dead...and it's about an two inches away from the lights with IMO moderate-strong flow...but it still isn't perking back up like it should. Suggestions? (besides get a new light obviously)
My next paycheck will be going to my overdrafted bank accounts...I hate banks.
The one after that in about a week or two will be going to a light.

Biff, if you read this, the MH you have on your 10G and continually recommended to me...Does it heat up the room much? I'm asking this cus when I bring my tank back down to my place at school, my room is TINY but i have huge windows that warm up the room during the day. Thanks.

Might be just a tad to much flow on your colt.Try moving it around some and see if it'll perk up.
A 70 watt MH shouldnt get hot enough to really be noticable.

Back