first fish?

dwinzent

Reefing newb
i saw my lfs had a flame angel for $20 seeing that live aquaria has them for $50 i was wondering if these are bad for a first fish i wanted to buy one eventually anyway but my nitrate and nitrite are finally at 0 again from adding rocks and cleanup crew (and some help from my dad feeding them) would i have issues if this was my first? also i need to add some more rock would this potentially kill any fish i put in?

as above leave it till one of your last fish. If you add new rock with livestock in the tank make sure it has fully cured/cycled before adding it.

$50 dollars is pretty cheap for a flame angel. They're upwards of $100 in the UK

thanks for the advise i had heard that they were pretty aggressive but was not sure because of my tank size. also thanks for the tips about the rock!

$20 is a steal for a flame angel, but if you ever get corals you may be regretful of the purchase-- if it survives living in a newer tank. My coral beauty was my second fish, and survived a couple major heat spikes and mini cycles, but like I said, if you think you want corals in the future, you'll be sorry later on with that angel. Just my opinion.

Back