First Reef Tank (40g)

Not completely white, it's got a light green tinge to it. Unfortunately my camera isn't the greatest... but seeing as this is my first anemone, any suggestions for care? I got it with slim hopes that my clown may pair with it....

maybe you have to give her some time until she gets comfortabla with your lights, try feeding her some frozen shrimps, thats what i feed mine's and liquid food. Good luck

They are normally pretty hardy (as far as anemones go), but bleached anemones are usually on their way out. No anemone is naturally white -- it means the photosynthetic algae (zooxanthellae) living inside them is dead. That anemones looks very unhealthy. You will need to feed it pretty heavily to get it to come back, because they cannot obtain nutrition from the light without zooxanthellae.

Carpet anemones are also the anemones most likely to catch and eat fish in their tanks, even their own clown hosts. They are very aggressive...

Fed the anemone a pretty good chunk of shrimp this morning, and she took it down without hesitation. Later in the day, I discovered this behavior, which I promptly captured on my phone's camera

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-3.jpg

If carpet anemones are known to be aggressive, you think my clown has a fighting chance against this guy?!

Your clown is huge compared to that anemone! But carpet anemones are unpredictable. Many people have them for years with no aggression at all towards fish. Other people see them eating fish as soon as they add them to the tank.

Haven't put any pictures up for a while, I've been feeding the anemone a lot over the past few months. He seems pretty happy about it :Cheers:

167803_10100130960436088_5703614_53495500_6806013_n.jpg

74680_10100130958684598_5703614_53495426_3794050_n.jpg

The nem is looking a lot healthier. I would still be careful though, the normal rule of thumb is you want your nem to be about three times bigger then the clown hosting it. But seriously, it looks much much better.

Back