fis a filter needed for my water change tank

A heater isn't necessary, but it won't hurt, either. I say if you have a spare, use it, if you don't then I wouldn't waste money. Unless you wanna buy a spare anyways. A powerhead, however, I would say is necessary. It'll do the mixing after you get it started and keep all the salt in suspension and help all the minerals to disolve properly.

I forgot to mention that I do have a heater in there. Without a heater , if the water was colder than my tank water & I put it in my sump when its low wouldn't that bother the fish or bring down the temp of my tank ? I mean, shouldn't all the water be the same temp ?

You should heat the water before you add it to the tank, but if you keep a heater in there tub now you will only encourage stuff to grow in there.

Wow. Im glad I asked this question. What is the best way to heat the water before adding to the sump quickly? Just take it in & microwave it?

Most people only change out 10% to 20% at a time. If the temperatures are different, even several degrees off, such a small amount isn't going to make much of a difference.

Back