Fish bubbles

Tango

Reefing newb
Hey guys,

I have a Chromis who is the weirdest fish ever!

Ok first, when I give him food, he just puts it in his mouth and spits it out. He'd rather eat bubbles all day!

Second, I caught him farting, like 20 tiny bubbles came out of his behind and than he chased the bubbles and at them. WTH!

Third, when I turn on the light he hides behind the heater (top part where it's not hot) and turns different colours like blotches of red and white. I turn the lights back on and he goes back to the other corner of the tank and starts to get his colour back to normal.

Is my chromis weird or is this normal.

Has anyone seen their fish fart? or eat bubbles?

Ha, I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen a "fish fart" like a ton of bubbles came out of it's butt.

I researched the net and nothing comes up!

Also another weird things about this fish is that he tends to swim on a 45 degree angle now, and when I turn off the lights he swims straight...turn them on again, he'll swim on an angle. This fish is driving me insane!

Man if it turns out that there isn't anything wrong with him, YOUTUBE, that's all I'm saying, this sounds funny, if it's not a health issue.

I'm sure the pros will chime in soon.

LOL That's funny :D Unrelated to fish, my dog did something similar the other day -- she farted...like, PFFFFFT, when she did, she jumped, and bent around to sniff the smell that came out....for a whole minute LOL

It makes sense that if he is eating air bubbles, they will eventually come out the other end. Man, that is too funny!! You've got to get a video of this and post it!

Well, I can explain some of your fish's goofiness.

Fish cant really chew food, so if the piece is too large, they bite it then spit it back out to help break it up.

Many fish lose coloring at night. It helps them blend in with the rock work to avoid predators.

You chromis is also hiding at night to once again hide from predators.

He is also probably swimming at a 45 looking for food on the rocks.

Not sure about the farting, I have never seen a fish do that.

I think ccCapt or Yote had a fish that was so crazy in going after food he would get a lot of air and then fart them back out.

However, i DEMAND! a video of this bubble farting business

I only had a fish do that once with the farting business. But that fish had something known as bloat belly from a genetic disorder. Needless to say the fish would fart but from the bloating its spine broke and died.

-Kurt

It would be hard to capture this on video because I only seen him to it once. I wish I knew when he was going to do it so I can capture it. Maybe one day I'll get lucky!

They're alot like people and dont always fall in to the spec norm that we are use to. I'd say he's a keeper and good for parties...

Please name him Bubbles LMAO TOTALLY reminded me of this part...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPyKhsfzxZE]My bubbles - YouTube[/ame]

Back