Fish Dying

Fireplug

Reefing newb
Last week I lost my cardinal. Tested the water and params were ok. Tonight my fox face died. Had cardinal over a year and fox face about 6 months or better. I have a 75 gallon with about 15 gallons of water in my sump. Going to test for ammonia and nitrates again in a bit. Tank has mixed corals and all is doing good. Temp with halides is 78 and when off goes down to about 76. One power head pointed at surface other is just return from sump. Mag 7. Sump has chaeto that grows fast light on 24 hrs. Some times sump water gets low and chaeto out of water. I readjust the levels. No changes except bought new mysis shrimp and decided to get a mix frozen also. Lots of bloodworms in the mix food. Fox face also feed torn chunks of algae sheets. Same package I been feeding out of. I have been lazy with water changes. Been couple to maybe 3 weeks since last one. Params have been good since sump and protein skimmer been added. All stay 0. Is there anything I'm overlooking that my fish are dying. Any advice will be helpful at this point.

What brand of mysis did you buy and what are the dates on it?

We had a customer that fed some old food to his fish and lost several in a very short time.But he said he'd bought the food petco and it smelled funny when he opened it.Don't think he mentioned what brand it was though.

Just a thought to look at.

One more idea for you. Did you add any new corals or anything else within the last month? If so, maybe the store you got it shared water with their fish tanks that had ich or another disease. I think this may have happened to me. It doesn't have to be a fish to carry fish disease, just has to have been in the same tank (or a tank with connected plumbing) within a month. Some people quarantine everything for this reason.

There's always stray voltage, but that would affect inverts as well. Check your salinity too. Any new equipment added? I lost a fish within a day of adding a new skimmer in my 10g. The fish was healthy up until then.

I've bought yucky food from Petsmart before, but I knew I shouldn't have bought them because they were covered in thick layers of frost and ice. But the fish were fine. Definitely good to not buy food that doesn't look like it was frozen properly.

Back