Fish hiding?

Slimkasey

Reefing newb
I'm running FOWLR, my params are norm, Sel is 1.25., params, Ammo 0, NI, NA - 0

Just did my weekly water change on Monday, All my fish were around and fine, now I can't find 2 of them over the last two days.

Any thoughts on tests I should be doing or ideas, before I are the rocks apart and search high and low.

Missing 1 of 2 Green Chromis, 1 Checkerboard Wrasse, even my Clowns are acting a little odd, staying low to the tank.

Thank you all for any thoughts.
Slim

How long has your current tank been running with those same inhabitants? My 1st thoughts would be that the wrasse is hiding in the sand & thaat 1 chomis prolly killed the other. They tend to do that alot. If not, than it hiding. Also, your checkerboard is in need of a bigger tank. 100 gallons or more IINM.

Because you haven't found a body there's not much you can do at this point.

What is your CUC like?

If a fish died (like the Chromis) it could have spiked Ammonia but you're testing at 0 so I figure either that either both are still alive or the CUC took care of it.

The wrasse is likely hiding in the sandbed imo.

I sure hope that that salinity measurment is a typo. At 1.25, it is way higher than the 1.025 that it should be. And 2 days for a fish to be hiding in the rocks wouldn't be that long. I've had some hide for weeks at a time. Especially when newly added.

Yes, that was a typo, 1.025.

I'm using API.

Did lose a small Emerald crab, but he it coincided with the water change, not even gone 12 hours before disposal.

CUC is 1 large emerald crab, 4 Blue leg, 2 Red Legs, 2 Turbo snails, 12 Noss (at least that's what I bought, I only see a few of them at a time, so how many for sure?

I'm off tomorrow, I'll maybe do a small ware switch to lower Sel, and see if a dig through the sand will help find these guys!

Thanks all I'll post results tomorrow.

Back