fish suggestions

greg1186

Reefing newb
ive been researching fish on liveaquaria and picking out the possibilities for my next fish.. as of now i only have 1 ocellaris clown, 2 zoo colony, couple green mushrooms and gsp. and a small cuc

the fish i like are:

catalina goby
fire fish
bicolor dottyback
longnose hawkfish

i dont know much about blenny/gobies/jawfish

i would love to have a jawfish but my sand bed is only about an inch thick.. i do have a big chunk of barnacles in my living room.. would that be safe to put in my cube and let something live in it? what would host the barnacles?

do all gobies and blennys sand sift?

any opinions and or suggestions would be great

Not all gobies and blennys sand sift some just live in rock holes and caves.

The catalina goby I believe likes colder water than most reef fishes which is why I didnt get one my tank is always to warm. Keep that in mind.

I like liveaquaria for basic info but I always google the name of the fish with the word "care" after it. You often get a lot of conflicting information but I try to go with the majority of what is said.

I love the firefish/darfish also but my LFS and most research I did said they like to be in groups so keep that in consideration it MIGHT get lonely.

I believe the dottyback is semi aggressive and might be mean to the more peaceful ones.

I dont think your tank is large enough for them to have places to get away from a bully so I would stick with peaceful only fish.

I believe most of those fish you like are jumpers do you have a top on your tank?

I am still doing reseach just like you to decide my next fish. Right now I have a diamond watchman goby who is so fun to watch but requires a lot of sand.

ive been researching fish on liveaquaria and picking out the possibilities for my next fish.. as of now i only have 1 ocellaris clown, 2 zoo colony, couple green mushrooms and gsp. and a small cuc

the fish i like are:

catalina goby
fire fish
bicolor dottyback
longnose hawkfish

i dont know much about blenny/gobies/jawfish

i would love to have a jawfish but my sand bed is only about an inch thick.. i do have a big chunk of barnacles in my living room.. would that be safe to put in my cube and let something live in it? what would host the barnacles?

do all gobies and blennys sand sift?

any opinions and or suggestions would be great

The Catalina goby wouldn't do well in your tank, it's from a cooler climate and your tank would most likely be too warm for it. If you really wanted a jawfish you could probably just add to your sandbed to make it deeper. If you want something small to live in the barnacles you could get a barnacle blenny! Lol. Only gobies sift the sand, and it's not all of them either, if you browse the gobies on live Aquaria on the right side ofthe screen tere are options to narrow your search and you can select only sand sifting gobies. If I remember correctly LA only offers about 5 or 6 of them.

I would get another clown. They're very interesting in pairs. Firefish are cool too. They just have permanent angry faces. >: (

Back