Fish Tanks and Termite Tenting?????

Planefanatic

Reefing newb
So my landlord said that they are going to be tenting the Duplex for termites. My question is what do i do lol??? Can i tent the Tanks i have with tarps or make a tent out of plastic trash bags?? then tape my own tents to the floor with Duct tape? Any ideas or anyone have experience with this?? I have a 110 gallon and a 45 gallon. I was not sure where to put this thread sorry.

I was thinking of moving the fish before tenting the tank to a LFS. So should i change the water in both tanks even tho i am tenting them before i bring the fish back??

I've read several stories on the web about people who put a little internal tent over their tank and put a large air pump well outside the building that pumps air into the tank tent. The pressure was enough to keep the poison from coming into the tank. You may want to google this issue.

Last edited:
Cling wrap for a day, i had my whole set up encompassed in cling wrap several times over and had no problem when the annual pest overhaul occurred. Duck Tape and Cling wrap ftw.

Back