Fish?

Marke86

Coral Junkie
I have a 29 gl set up. I know I was going to wait to replace my angel fish and I am. I was thinking about a dwarf lion fish.
How are they on eating?
Will the dwarf lion kill my clowns if he pokes them?
thanx
Mark

Dwarf lions are cool.
Just keep in mind that they are predators.Therefore they will eat anything that will fit in their mouth.So as long as any other fish or shrimp are bigger,they will be safe.

The lionfish won't poke them, but he will swallow them if he gets the chance. Usually lions are kept in predator tanks or tanks only with fish bigger than them.

You might be suprised, fsh can eat large objects if they are smaller than their body length keep the lionfish well fed and you shouldnt have aproblem though

lionfish can eat food that is equal to the size of their bodies, almost. often, dwarf lionfish (fu manchu lionfish) have a hard time eating at the start. They are pretty, but hide a lot. Most lionfish hang out under the rockwork and hunt at night, except for the volitan, which gets much larger than a foot long. I think you could do a red dwarf in your 29 gallon, but don't plan on seeing it much and it may cause a problem with feeding.

-Doc

Back