Flourescent vs. T-5

Are we talking MH here?

If you're using supplemental actinics than for the MH,I would go with 10k.Like Biff said,you get better growth with the 10k.

No supplemental acticnic then 14k.Personally 20k is too blue for my taste,the choice is up to you.

I would go with UV Super Actinic and ATI Blue Plus as supplements if you decide to go T5.

It didn't list the manufacturer on the first link and slimpaqs has the lowest PAR.(either would work fine as supplements)

Go to Reefgeek.com and look at these choices,they have the best PAR:
Sjoiloi Super Actinic(420 nm)
ATI Blue Plus
UV Super Actinic(420nm)

My choice is still an even mix of Super Actinic and Blue Plus

now i have run into a problem. i am building my lights from scratch and getting the parts from hello lights well they are telling me what i am trying to do will not work here is what i am trying to do

here is my reflector
48" Polished Aluminum Mirror Reflector - 6464045

here are my socket brackets
250W HQI Socket Pair w/ Bracket - 1000111

here are my ballast
ARO Electronic Ballast-250W - 61003

hello lights is saying i will not get the reflection desired if i do it my way (above) but their way (below) will work better but the problem with their way is that the light will not be in a canopy what should i do?

hello lights suggestion
48" 2x250W HQI Metal Halide/ 2x54W T5 Fluorescent - 250254

what should i do?

okay i am going go with their suggestion (48" 2x250W HQI Metal Halide/ 2x54W T5 Fluorescent - 250254) change out the t-5 ballast and get an icecap and add 4x54 watt 420nm super actinic bulbs and drill the whole hting into a picece of ply wood. sit the ballast on top and have fans blowing on the top with the ballast. how does that sound??

If it all fits than that sounds good to me.Good idea on putting some cooling fans in there.I still prefer 2 super actinics(420nm) and 2 blue plus(mixture of 460nm/03)but your own choices is good too.

Back