Flow Rate Question.

Altohombre

The Tennis Pro Reefer
In my 46 I got a Hydor Koralia 3 as my main gph of 850. My skimmer puts off a little bit of flow, but mainly blocks the Maxi-Jet 1200 which is in the pre-skimmer box. There is also a little flow from my canister filter which I may or may not be stopping. I have a little bit of a dead spot in my back right corner that I would like to improve upon. I like the Hydor Koralias, but was wondering which one I should get as my secondary pump. If I get another 3 it would be 1700 gph not including the little bit from my other equipment. This is a turnover rate of about 35x. Since I keep mostly small fish I don't want them to be blown all over the place. I also want a good turnover rate for keeping corals since I plan to start that up in the next month or so.

Thanks for the advice.

If you mean where I am at currently then yes I do have a dead spot. If you mean at 35x turnover then no I most likely wouldn't have a dead spot.

I say go ahead and add another #3 or maybe even a #4.IMO,As long as the sand is staying on the bottom,you dont have too much flow.

The K2 and K3 are the same size just different prop.If your just trying to add flow to that one small dead spot than get a MJ600 or 900.

Back