flower pot and flat worm

lumpy

Reefing newb
I have a pretty green flower pot coral in my tank and I keep finding flatworms on this coral. I've used flatworm exit on the tank twice now. Should I take this coral out and dip it each time I see them? I have a 6 line wrasse in the tank but I havent seen him clean them off at all. Should I be concerned? I'd love to have a flatworm free tank if there are any suggestions for that.

What dosage did you use the Flatworm Exit at? I've had to use it a couple times and once I had to do 10 times the dosage on the box.

A coral dip won't hurt.

I used the dosage it said on the box.

10 times the amount eh? I take it that it isnt toxic to beneficial tank organisms at all then?

I used the dosage it said on the box.

10 times the amount eh? I take it that it isnt toxic to beneficial tank organisms at all then?

I don't know. I was willing to risk the stuff in my tank to get the flatworms out. My tank was so heavily infested and if I didn't do something, the flatworms would have killed stuff. Nothing was adversely impacted by using that high of a dose. But I can't guarantee that you won't have problems if you use that much of it. Every tank is different.

I've had the flowerpot for a few months now. It seams to be doing well. I'm adding plankton every other day and it gets a direct feeding each time so it seams happy. Time will tell I suppose.

Thanks for the thought biffer. I dont think my outbreak is that bad yet but I really hate having parasites messing with my corals.

I believe the only danger is that when the flatworms die, they release toxins in your tank. In high numbers, they can be very toxic to your tanks. I suggest you siphon them out as you see the die out.

Melevsreef.com - Flatworms | How to eliminate them!

Salifert came out with a product over a year ago called Flatworm eXit, a poison that only affects flatworms and is reef-safe. Let me add the qualifier that if your tank is heavily infested, Flatworm eXit will not be the cause if you lose livestock. The issue is that if many flatworms die at once, their toxins reach lethal levels quickly and this, not the product, can lead to deaths in your tank

When I used flatworm exit I used it at 10 times the suggested dose. Well the second time, first time killed some but not all. I scooped out what I could then ran a shit ton of carbon. had no losses in the tank.

Back