Foxface issue

Yogatoy

Reefing newb
Hey there. I have a foxface that has spots appearing on its fins and yellow part of its body. The spots aren't raised but almost appear as though the yellow color is gone. Does anybody have any idea what is happening or how I can fix it
THanks

Could be fungus or a wound...like mesh said, a pic would help. Are you sure it's not just its camouflage? Mine gets all spotty white/black/yellow when I'm near, but calms down after a while and turns back to yellow.

Could be fungus or a wound...like mesh said, a pic would help. Are you sure it's not just its camouflage? Mine gets all spotty white/black/yellow when I'm near, but calms down after a while and turns back to yellow.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY_OJalvGmo]YouTube - ‪Foxface rabbit fish changing colors‬‏[/ame]

So here is a picture of my fox face. It almost looks like the pigment is gone. The spots are not raised off its body. Anyway! Any suggestions
IMG_3494.jpg

Oh wow...yeah, definitely not camouflage :shock:

Is he eating? Has it gotten worse or better over time? Is he scratching himself on rocks/sand? What are you feeding him? Maybe someone's bullying him. Even though they have poisonus fins, doesn't make them safe from bullying. My foxface is the biggest wuss. My lawnmower blenny used to chase my foxface away from the algae sheets. I had to put up 2 algae sheets at a time in separate corners.

I have seen some people with this, they have not had any problems, someones foxface can change to a grey colour all over his body. So wouldn't be worried if he is eating, and not getting bullied.
some of the colours they can change to are amazing, just keep an eye on it, see if the spots move in placement or disappear.

Last edited:
Yeah he eats a lot and doesn't seem to be getting bullied by any body else in the tank. I might try putting two veggie clips in and see what happens.

O yeah and I feed my tank Julian springs sea veggies, frozen rotifers, spirulina brine shrimp and another frozen thing that I can't think of the name but has more nutrients then the brine
I feed the tank once a day

Back