Frag disk or Live rock? want your opinion!

What do you like your frags attached to?

• Frag disk

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Frag plug

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Frag tile

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Live rock

Votes: 20 87.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cageburn

Reef enthusiast
Hey everyone hows it going! decided to find out what the majority prefers, would you rather the frags you purchase be attached to liverock, frag disks, frag tiles, or frag plugs.Please post your opinions! thanks in advance have a great day!

Last edited:
I barely have any frags but if I had a choice,definitely rock rubble.More natural,never can find a hole big enough for plugs.And for the disk,I truly never have a really flat place for them.

For me I think it really depends on what it is. Anything that is SPS I'd rather have on a plug just because it makes it easy to sit in a frag rack. Live Rock chunks for the Zoas as they are pretty easy to wedge into a hole. If I am planning on propigating, and moving frags to another tank, then disks or tiles.
Yup, I'm all over the board, LMAO, I know that doesn't help. I normally will ask what a person prefers if they are getting frags from me.

Ive been thinking the same thing with this, i was looking at fragging corals for my LFS as he only has colonies there, but wasnt sure to put it on discs, rocks or whatnot.

Y'all know I don't have a tank, but from past experience -- I'd rather have them on a plug. You never know what kind of nasty pest is buried down inside a hole in a piece of rock. With a plug, you can simply cut away any excess and glue the remaining part to a rock in your own tank - hopefully your PEST FREE tank.

:Cheers:

Give me my frags on a piece of rock rubble.
I hate trying to get a plug or disk to stay where I want it and not stick out like a sore thumb.Its easier to wedge a piece of rubble in a crack or glue into a depression in my rock.

I prefer frag discs. LR may look nice but I have plenty of rubble in my own tank. Gimme a knife and glue and I'll place anything, anywhere that I want. Quick and easy, just don't be shy with the glue.

Any frag disk or plug is going to disappear quickly if your tank is in good shape and the corals are growing. Couple months - you won't even see the plug anymore.

But a couple months is all it takes for some nasty critter to stick his ugly head up out of a piece of rock rubble and start reproducing - turn your beautiful reef into an aiptasia farm. :pooh:

Depends on the coral I guess.
If it's zoos or something else that I know will spread quickly I like a disk or tile so I can just glue it vertically to a rock and let it become a wall of coral.

For SPS I like a plug so I can put it in a few places before I know where it should go. Then I'll break it off the plug at the base and glue it. Except monti caps, I like them on rock because they're so hard to pry off a flat surface in one piece.

For things that'll move around like shrooms or rics I like rubble rock because I can just plop it somewhere and it'll find a place to go.

Back