Frogspawn... again

ErinCahir

Sausage Wrangler
Since there seem to be a lot of euphyllia posts floating around lately... I'll add my own.

The two outermost heads on my frogspawn (the one to the left and the one to the right) are in the process of splitting (YAY!).
So here's my question... the first day I could actually discern two heads on each side, they stayed closed all day. Today is the first day they opened up all the way, but it opened much later than the rest of the coral, and it "went to bed" much earlier, too.
Normal? Or no?

(PS... my params (just in case) Ammonia, 'trites, 'trates and phosphate all 0, calcium 480, and pH is 8.2)

That seems to be a pretty normal part of frogspawn splitting.... Mine just did that last week, the two days after I could first tell it was splitting it was very shriveled and then it started opening more and more with two separate mouths.... I think torch corals do the same thing because it looked like it was stretching the other day and yesterday it was shriveled up.... But this morning it looks like there might be two separate orifices; I'm waiting for it's tentacles to extend a little more.

Back