Frogspawn DIET...

JustinStone87

Reefing newb
I was just wondering what a frogspawns diet consits of. At the moment i have been feeding it freezedried cyclopeez, dt phytoplankton, and the occational brine and mysis, with 400 lv calcium. Is there anything else that i can do to make this coral thrive.

thats a pretty good diet right there, the only thing i can think of to make it grow faster is to get a lower K bulb assuming your running MH's but i doubt you are on a 14 gallon tank, or you could feed more at a time or more often

Generaly, a frogspawns diet concists of fish poo, floating left over food, and tank nutrients. There really is no need to directly feed this coral. However, they will bennefit from target feeding. One a week I will feed my FS some supershrimp via a turkey baster. It's cool watching it close up and consume the food.

Agreed with SSalty. In a tank that small, you may be doing more harm than good for the frogspawn (in terms of water quality) by putting all that food in the water.

Your tank produces more food then you think.I feed my fish once a week,yet they are always picking stuff off the rock,their fat and healthy.

Back