Fts ftw!!!

WannaRace

Reefing newb
:^:

I finally got around to taking some pics, albeit with my iPhone. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up before they start yelling at me for keeping a Yellow Tang :) It's been here for 9 months, originally just to hold for a friend, but now has become mine. He's a little guy but I will be upgrading tanks soon and you will all be sure to see pictures of that!

The bulbs that I went with, per my LFS, were UV H2ology (2) 454's, (1)75/25, (1) aquasun, each with individual reflectors. They are great!
This is the tank as of today, after my battle with cyano, which I won!

On with the pictures!

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Comments, questions, flames are all welcome :mrgreen:
Let me know if you want any different angles!

Last edited:
Yup, it's a 30 long. I pull xenias out at every water change in order to keep them in check. Otherwise you wouldn't see anything else in that tank :-)

!!!Sidetrack for a minute!!! My anemone all of a sudden starting releasing a cloudy substance from its center. The whole tank is cloudy now. I have never seen or experienced this before. Does anyone know what this is and if it's harmful??? It's got me a little worried...

Thanks Yote! That may very well be possible, but even as I type now, 10 minutes later, it's still releasing this stuff. Quick research says it may be spawning. Are there any instructions on what to do if it does spawn?

yeah your tank definitely looks great so far. really filled out and lots of good looking corals

How long have you had the starfish?

In my opinion, my old T5 bulbs were the biggest contributing factor. I replaced those first. Then, I did a 20% water change and siphoned out as much as i could. I then set up a HOB refugium with chaeto followed by a dark period of about 5 days. After that, I did another 20% water change and siphoned out the rest. The tank hasn't looked better in the almost 2 years it's been set up!

:bounce::bounce::bounce: ok... move it along... nothing to see here. Tang police have the situation under control. I am issuing a citation, you have two weeks to get that tang a bigger tank or ill start issuing fines. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Back