Get more suction from Eshopps PF-800???

felixfish

newbie reefer
I set up my Eshopps PF-800 and wondered why the flow isn't as fast as they say. It calls for 800GPH, but I don't think it does. The water level is a few inches up above my 1" PVC piping. I haven't done any mods to it, other than tubing to stop the noise. I have raised and lowered the overflow box, and even if the box is totally submerged it only sucks so much. I have tuned down my Mag 7 flow so I have just been going with what I've got. Any suggestions?

I think that most overflows you see are vastly overrated - meaning you don't actually get the advertised flow. I'm not sure if you can get anything more out of your overflow box, but don't be surprised if you find that you cannot get to the 800 GPH that the overflow is rated for

Well I had seen on a mod page for these to drill 1/2" holes all around in the PVC downtube, but that's not an option due to having glued everything together. Despite me not having a baffle in my sump I don't get micro bubbles so I guess I'll let it go until upgrade time. :-)

Back