Getting new MH Bulbs, have question!

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
Ok so I have a Marineland Pro Series on my 220Gal. It is the 3x150 MH and the 8x39 T5 with the Blue Leds.

I also run 4 Marineland Reef Ready 36" LED's on the tank. It gets plenty of light from top to bottom.

The MH bulbs are the standard Marineland hoopties. They have actually done quite well even so.

Today I get my Phoenix 150 DE MH 14000K Bulbs.

I was thinking I would have to light acclimate all my corals to the new bulbs but then I started thinking I won't have to.

The current bulbs are roughly 5-6 months old and I am not sure just how much more light will be coming of the Phoenix bulbs but I know it will be more.

I currently run my MH for roughly 7 hours a day. Like 3PM-10PM.

Should I leave it as is or would I be better to cut down to 4 hours and add another hour per week.

Thanks.

I would acclimate to the new bulbs, you'll likely find that they put out a lot more light than the standard bulbs that came with the fixture. With the cost of coral, why would you ever take the chance?

Definitely light acclimate. Some par is lost on older bulbs, and you want to gradually re-introduce that back. Go with the schedule you were thinking about.

Definitely light acclimate. Some par is lost on older bulbs, and you want to gradually re-introduce that back. Go with the schedule you were thinking about.

There you are!!! I posted a topic just for you about these bulbs before I bought them but couldn't wait and didn't want to bother you with a PM.

Back