getting rid of brown algae!!!! HELP!!!

reefer09

Reefing newb
i just setup an 8 gallon oceanic biocube wich has been running for just over a week now and ive got about 5 lbs of live rock , a few mushrooms, a blue damsel and sum polyps here and there, and have been having lots of issues with brown algae...i have already done numerous water changes and cleaned the tank countless times but no matter what i do it keeps coming back!!!:shock: can somebody please imme some advice... are there any other ways to rid of it, ill try anythhing at this point!!!!

your tank is cycling, the algae will go away on its own.

with that being said was the rock fully cured when you put I in the tank?
are you using tap water or ro?
you might want to take the animals back to the store until your tank goesthrough its cycle, or they will probably die.

The tank's initial cycle usually takes around 3 weeks. During that time, you shouldn't have any animals in your tank, as the changes in water chemistry are enough to kill them. Algae is a normal part of the cycle, and will decrease over time. Using tap water and overfeeding are two of the biggest culprits when it comes to algae. Most flakes and pellet foods also contribute to algae problems. You should use frozen food instead, and only feed very sparingly.

Back