Gfo???

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
I have found a billion and one threads on using GFO but to this day I have never been able to detect Phosphates in my tank.

I have a 220Gal with a 75Gal sump(fuge is part of the sump) and a good skimmer. It has 15 fish and 20+ corals.

I feed 2 cubes a day and at time a lot of seaweed pieces and every 2 days I feed Cyclopeeze or Reef Chili.

I have 0 Nitrates and basically everything is clear and clean and fine.

If anything I have a lot of Calcium(purple) on my glass and I noticed I have some in the return only of the sump and also in the return was some cyno on the glass but it usually doesn't stay.

My whole point is am I not stocked enough or what to have phosphates? I know it can come in frozen foods. I used to defrost and rinse it until I got lazy but never had them.

I use a Salifert Kit for it. It could be possible that even though the water is clear after the test that my eyes can't see the softest tint of blue and it is actually there but hard for the test to pick up.

I have had only one coral have issue and it was my Acro(branching) that shed it's skin but not all of it. There are some spots that are still fine. I was gonna frag it but here is the thing.

I have a small Acro and at one point it to started turning white. Then it got a pale yellow color and then little polyps started coming out. A time went by more and more polyps came out and now the coral has a purple tint to it but still a little white.

I see the same thing with the large Acro so I am hoping it does the same thing. I mean people say no but my small Acro seems to die and come back so...(crosses fingers)

Anyway about the GFO haha, who out there uses it and who doesn't and why. Why should I use it? Thoughts?????

Back