Glass Cages

hrm hope its not too bad of an issue. but if it doesnt work out ive heard nothing but good things about mrc reef sumps and socalcreations..give me a call if you need any tools/help etc

james

Just to keep it short and simple and without making my BP rise again.

I called them thursday of last week asking for a 15 gallon glass tank with three holes drilled in it.

"They said sir for just a few dollars more you can get an acrylic tank and drill your own holes and save money on shipping and labor."

I was like great idea. If i do that can you sell me a 4 pieces of acrylic that fits the inside of the tank.

"They said let me check and I will call you back".

She calls back.

"Sir we like to insert those as we build the tank and only charge 15$ a piece"

I was like cool no problem, but i had to draw out a diagram of exactly how i wanted them.

Today I fax them the drawing.

"They call back and say sorry sir that is to much trouble but we can just send you the loose acrylic sheets"

Ok now at this point I got a little frustrated, because thats what I asked for originally, but they didn't want to do that last time and said wait you guys made me draw a spec because you didn't want to just send me the acrylic last time....<ok i probably had a pissed off tone to my voice because honestly I was at this point>

"She the manager 'Beth' said sorry sir this order just isn't worth the trouble" and she hung up the phone.

Thats how things happened....

Brandon

Anyways I will be figuring out the exact deminsions of the acrylic tonight.

I'm going to build my own sump and get the acrylic from technology sales locally in town.

It isn't needed, but i would like to borrow a router if anyone has one just to make things look nice once i'm done.

Thanks
Brandon

AHAHA wow..... What a douche... I would have asked to talk to whoeveer is above her after that one... Your business isnt good enough and then CLICK.... yeah I woulda had her ass.

:mad!!: what a b****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!call back complain to the real manger. a real manger would not hang up on a customer or say thats to much trouble after she said she would or could.man I need to calm down.lol

Its one of those things that turned out for the best anyways.

With a 92 gallon corner tank space is limited and by doing it myself I was able to go from a 15 gallon tank to a 22 gallon tank. Woohooo 7 extra gallons...

This is a site I ran across and decided to do it myself. http://www.melevsreef.com

If you live in chattanooga I was able to purchase all the materials(acrylic, glue, etc) I needed from Technology Sales and they were perfectly cut no need to trim etc to make the tank.

The same $120 I was going to buy a 15 gallon with 4 baffles from glass cages made out of 1/4 acrylic, I was able to make a 22 gallon tank with 5 baffles (no bubbles at all I love it) and use 3/8 acrylic (higher quality materials) for 117$.

I'll post some pictures tonight of my new sump.

Brandon

did you make a bubble trap like meleev? out of the tall box and rock rubble?? I watched his video on that, and must say it was amazing how the rock dispersed them all

Back