Glass hazing

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
What do you guys use to take this stuff off? I'm not really sure if it's called hazing..if you look at the glass at certain angles, it almost looks like gas poured on water..really hard to explain, but it's on the outside of the tank. Any ideas?

Get a squirt bottle and fill it with 50/50 vinegar and water.Then you can use it on the tank just like windexing a window.:D

what kind of tank do you have?

Glass.

And I tried vinegar, but no results at all. It literally looks all multicolored like gas on water..at least in certain angles. I can feel it on the surface of the glass..it at least feels rough...there aren't any scratches to it though.

Is there anything abrasive I could use to try and get after this a little better?

If you see a prism effect on the glass it may be a petroleum based stain. You may have to use a degreaser on a rag and try to remove it. Just be careful not to get any in the tank.

Last edited:
i use windex wipe it on than wipe it with a dry paper towel then wipe it again with a dry paper towel and it get the haze off for me

If it is a grease, you can try grease lightning or this orange stuff called Goo be gone or something....last resort. Be careful not to let it into your tank!!

Back