Goby

Oh and also my damn pistol shrimp keeps moving a small rock that I have that has 3 mushrooms on it.:grumble::grumble:

I had a similar problem with my emerald crabs playing catch across the tank with a frag that I just put in. Literally watched them pick it up and stick it in front of the powerhead to move it into the water column...Eventually had to break down and use the putty to glue it down to keep it alive.

As for adding another goby, I'm going to assume that you are adding it to your large tank (correct me if I'm wrong). Everything that I've read says that since the goby is a passive fish it should be fine but still has a possibility of being aggressive towards conspecifics. If you are going to add a sleeper goby for the sand sifting, it usually only bothers other sleeper gobies. Also, if they do bother eachother in a larger tank it usually stays as a small bickering every once in a while and doesn't amount to any serious consequences. Basically, this is a 50/50 chance and you will just have to watch them closely for the first few days.

Last edited:
yep what he said!

talking about things getting moved around, my dussumieri tang loves to move my frags she will pick them up and take them where she thinks they look better. such as upside down behind all of my rocks!!! she ended up killing my tubs blue zoa's (they are about 40. a polp) I couldn't get to them with out pulling my tank completly apart. :(

That's so crappy Winy. I too have lost some frags that got underneath the rockwork. It's tough to leave a new frag to die, but it's not worth risking the health of the others to start pulling LR out.

I have a pair of clowns and the female constantly moves my flower pot coral with its mouth. She rolls it about 6 inches and leaves it upside down. She has killed half of it now. I have given up and moved it far enough away.

I'd glue the flower pot or the clown to a piece of LR, but one way or another i'd put an end to that nonsense!

Thanks Justin for the advice. This evening I glued the clown to a piece of rock ruble and it seems to be doing the trick! The clown has stayed in it's area completely, not moved an inch. Thanks again!!!

Wow! I'm so glad it worked... I wasn't sure if it would, having never glued a clown to rock before. Did you use Crazy glue?

Back