going tomorrow

I agree with avoiding the whole build in hood thing. most of us don't have hoods anyway. takes too much work when I want to put my hands in the tank
-Doc
I couldn't agree more...I'm so glad I have a wider shallower tank (40 breeder). The combination of no hood and how my light (Nova Extreme Pro) mounts to the tank (easily slides back and forth on the lip of the tank and or easily on/off the tank if needed) makes maintenance so much easier.

When I grow up, I want...no wait...I will have a 120 with no hood for the same reason.

I couldn't agree more...I'm so glad I have a wider shallower tank (40 breeder). The combination of no hood and how my light (Nova Extreme Pro) mounts to the tank (easily slides back and forth on the lip of the tank and or easily on/off the tank if needed) makes maintenance so much easier.

When I grow up, I want...no wait...I will have a 120 with no hood for the same reason.

good call. I hope you "grow up" this year so we can see your build thread.

-Doc

good call. I hope you "grow up" this year so we can see your build thread.
-Doc
Unfortunately I'm only in an apartment right now so 40 will be as big as she gets for a while :) I do have a personal goal to be in a townhouse in Spring 09 and one of my priority requirements is that there be a location where I can do a 120 built in to the wall with a room behind it for maintenance and equipment...I can dream :)

:bounce: The guy was in today. He has one tank by Fluval, 49G it comes with pr-drilled holes so you can have the filter under the tank, the filter, heater and T-5 lights. I could also get a 45G All-Glass. With the same set up, other than there are no holes in the tank for the filter, it would be almost $200 cheaper, because he has a current deal if you buy the stand and lights the tank is free on the all-glass tanks. For the savings I don't think I care if I have the filter tubes over the back or up through the bottom.

Oh and he sells R/O water for 25cents a gallon and R/O salt water for 50 cents a gallon. Which is 50cents cheaper than the aquarium store that is 30 miles further.

Back