Good Algae growth?

FNG44601

Reefing newb
Hey Guys,
Got a question about what's going on in my tank. 1/02parameters are fine- phos reading under 0/ppm, calcium in the 420 range, 8.2 ph, Nitrates 0/ppm. 1/023 S.G., 78-79 temp.
Here's my thing- the base rock is turning lime green- some have a purple tint others have a green (lime) tint and on the back wall I have some pencil eraser sized algae forming. It looks as it would if coralline was growing, but there's no purple tint to it. Any idea or way I can ID what it is?

Also- there's some maroon spotting on the rocks- doesn't look like red slime, just spots! But they're popping up all over. I'm posting some pics- so everyone can chime in. I'm guessing it's just a maroon coralline- I took a shell off with it on it and could not scrape it off!!!

Just want to be sure, cause at this point, if it is something bad- at least it's manageable.

Thanks in advance
algae007.jpg

algae005.jpg

algae002.jpg

algae001.jpg

What I am seeing is typical of young system.Green algae coating the rocks and it appears to be green coralline algae spots on the glass.Coralline,the purple and pink encrusting algae will eventually cover the rocks,provided you have live rock already with some coralline.

Hows that puffer doing for ya...the one that is in the first pic? I have had two over the years and they never lasted long. The first one had its puff sac (or whatever it's called) shoot out his gill and split him open (poor little guy). The second one just died for whatever reason.

IRAQ- that guy is awesome- He is completely reef safe. we were able to train him to eat on one side of the tank, eat only his food, etc.... truly sweet fish!!!

Back