good live rock??

mm2meyer

Reefing newb
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on in a while. Well the wifey hates how the homemade live rock looks.:grumble: So She's going to let me buy some. I found a website that will fly the rock directly from the south pacific to me.:bounce: The only thing is I want your input on the company. I don't want to do buisness with anyone who's decimating reefs for a quick buck. The website is livestockusa.org. I want to get the Bali blue ridge and the bali alor. take a look and let me know what you guys think about it.

Until then happy reefing!:sfish:

hmm... gonna have to look into that. from this place they say they will ship it to whatever airport I want, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't about to do buisness with someone who is destroying reefs. When you get your rock did it have all the colors on the rock like from this place?? They have a whole lot of options wich is why I was thinking about ordering from them.

look at my build thread very nice colors on my rock, very nice shapes good condition..they will ship to sfo, or oakland or san jose. mine was flown into oakland..

Just checked out that site knucklehead. Not sure how long it's been in LA before you can get it. There are times it sits for WEEKS waiting for customs. the place I was looking at is more expensive, but to have it flown straight from Bali to SFO where I can harass customs all I want, sounds like a good deal, and to have the "cure" time reduced to as little as two weeks instead of more. Their "cure" sounds like a lot more like cycling than a "cure" period to me

it all has to pass through customs into lax.. it wont go straight to you from another country. it will pass through lax for inspection then they will put it onto another plane bound for your airport..im not saying buy from where i got mine, just a recomendation. my rock had tons of life on it. lots of hitch hikers good and bad ones.. still very fresh. i bought it on a tuesday got it weds night... just letting you know i had a good experience with where i bought mine...

Last edited:
hmm. Gonna look into that. What kind of hitch hikers did you get. They say theirs are free of mantis shrimp, bristleworms, and what not. But I take that with a grain of salt. What did you find???

a had an abalone, crabs, bristleworms(good cleaners).. anemones, sea hare, mantis shrimp(caught it) tank is year old now, its been growing xenia out of it, plates, feather dusters. like i said lots of life...

Yeah that looks damn near identical to the stuff from the other place, I might buy from them, It'll save me a TON of cash. I was looking at like 700 bucks for almost 140lbs of bali alor and that wasn't counting shipping.

k just did the smart shopper thing and compared the two side by side. They charge the same amount for the same stuff. The other place offers larger box lots and there are two types of bali that I want and they charge the same for both and can mix up the types. So I will probably get them from where I first found it. No biggie tho.

Ha! you might get yours before I get mine. I'm not expecting to buy rock until August at LEAST. So whoever gets theirs first we will let the other know?? Did you check out the site yet???

well im not gonna order from them unless you have a good experience with them.. i will just order through the place i got mine the first time probably.

Back