Good place to buy online?

Sir Alex

Dragon the eel (below)
I've tried to find a good local fish store with no luck. Liveaquaria has a rather limited selection of frags. Anyone know a really good place to buy frags online?

Yep thats great, people set up meetings so you can get to know them and you have frag swaps, and in all likelihood you get discounts on LFS.

If you order from Mr. Coral, be sure to dip all your frags. Many people have gotten flatworms on their frags. It doesn't mean anything's wrong with the corals-- it just forces you to be careful when you add them to your tank.

If you order from Mr. Coral, be sure to dip all your frags. Many people have gotten flatworms on their frags. It doesn't mean anything's wrong with the corals-- it just forces you to be careful when you add them to your tank.

What do I dip them in? Isn't it some kind of iodine solution?

I know this has nothing to do with this whatsoever and I should probably just start a new thread about it but what should I feed my fish? Brine shrimp and algae sheets?

Meh its your thread, but make sure you feed a variety. I have in my freezer some frozen squid mysis and so on and i have some new life spectrum sinking pellets. but i dont even have fish yet!! :roll: Hahaha People do feed algae waffers, sheets and so on too.

Brine shrimp isn't very nutritious. You should feed a variety of frozen foods, including mysis, bloodworms, squid, Marine Cuisine, Emerald Entree, krill, daphnia, etc. Petco and Petsmart carry a nice variety of frozen foods. If you have herbivorous fish, you also must feed algae sheets.

I have never seen algae sheets in a store.

I have an Beauty Coral Angle and it is always picking at the rocks but it does eat the frozen food also but man it is like picking the rocks 90% of the day.

I was thinking of leaving something in the tank as I won't be able to feed for like 3 days but can on the 4th that night.

I was going to feed them in the morning but they are not even in sight then so I was going to leave something that is visible later on.

I will try to stuff my Eel haha and leave him some of those clear shrimps and also feed my Anemones but they get a lot of light.

I only have 2 damsels and the coral beauty now but will have 2 clowns by the time I leave.

Your fish should be fine for three days without food.

And every store I've been to carries algae sheets. Have you asked for them?

Phastroh, you should wait until after you come back from your trip to get the clowns. If something is wrong with them you wont be able to see them or address any issues if you leave right away. Plus you added a bunch of fish just two weeks ago. You need to wait at little bit.

+1 Erin on asking for the algae sheets, and they will be fine if they dont get fed for 3 days.

Back