Got my first fishies today!!!

Here is a picture of the overall tank. The background did not work as planned. I bought this glue like stuff but the ends on the background just keep flipping up :(

Firstfishies011.jpg

I bought this glue like stuff but the ends on the background just keep flipping up :(

for my 10 gallon, I used a plain dark background (otherwise I would never see my goby and pistol shrimp come out of their cave!) in the back. I held it down with plain old double sided tape. Works great.

for my 10 gallon, I used a plain dark background (otherwise I would never see my goby and pistol shrimp come out of their cave!) in the back. I held it down with plain old double sided tape. Works great.

Did you actually use an aquarium background or something else? I was thinking about getting a piece of black or dark blue poster board to use instead. My wife thinks a piece of fabric would be better as it can be washed.

What kind of goby do you have? I've been thinking about a yellow watchman goby as my next addition.

I wouldnt be worried about the background to much alot of algae will biuld up on there. What my father did for a background is spray paint the back glass any color you want to give some shade to your aquarium. Thats what we did but you dont have to do that if you dont want too.
Good Luck

Last edited:
They probaly just need to get use to there new home, they should be alright. Just keep an I on there eating habits and there behavior.
Good Luck!!

Do yourself a favor and get something black to replace the blue. I have blue on my 180 and absolutely hate it. It really takes away from the colors of the fish and corals in my experience.

You should buy a plastic shower curtain in the color you want your background to be. Then just tape it to the back of your tank (you can cut it to fit if you want too). Easy to keep clean. I used a shower curtain on my old 55 (it was blue with bubbles ;)).

Thats a great looking tank.
That back ground dont look bad.But as was already mentioned,I'd swap it for black.
I used just a black cloth out of the sewing department at wal-mart.

Back