gotta get rid of my Clownfish

Kenny G

Reefing newb
I saw my Clownfish chasing a sexy shrimp and before I could stop him he got it in his mouth! I was able to save it and I think it is going to be alright. Not sure why he did it because they have been in there for months. Although I did lose 2 sexy s. a while back and never found them. I have been looking for an excuse to get rid of him any way. Oh well , he's going back to the lfs in the morning.

I have been looking for an excuse to get rid of him any way.

guilty even before trial lol but yeah if you were already looking for a reason then he didnt really stand a chance i too have never heard of clowns doing this .. i blame the shrimp shaking that thang lol

I dont understand it either. I have 5 s.shrimp in there and have had no issues before and then for it to happen while I was watching seems such a coincidence. Maybe it was because I turned the light on at an irregular time?

He probably just realized that they were a potential food source and he was big enough to take him on. Turning on the lights at a different is pretty inconsequential thing.

I fed him all the time. He was a little eating machine. Anyway he is gone to the lfs now. Waiting for tomorrow for the new shipment at the lfs to get my in store credit. gonna stick with keeping it just a reef tank. that guy was a gift someone bought me unannounced.

Back