Green coraline?

actually, what's funny is that you scrub it off with a toothbrush, and before you know it you'll see it start growing on your glass and other rocks.

So if the stuff that I am getting is really coraline how easy will it scrub off of my rocks and glass? Not that I want to but I think that might give me a better idea if it really is.

Last edited:
So if the stuff that I am getting is really coraline how easy will it scrub off of my rocks and glass? Not that I want to but I think that might give me a better idea if it really is.

It wont come off unless your using a sharp razor blade and some elbow grease.:mrgreen:

Is that if it is even in early stages? The stuff on the rock I really have to scrub t but the dark pink/purple stuff on the glass rubs off pretty easy I am not sure what else it would be then?

I've got lots of the green too. Some pink and purple too as well as some red. It's cool all the different colours of coraline. My Fiji rock is pink, purple and green where as my caribbean rock (Antigua & Haiti) is a deep dark red almost black, and a dark purple. I've got a few spots of orange/yellow too... I've heard this is coraline from another region.

deep dark red almost black, and a dark purple. I've got a few spots of orange/yellow too... I've heard this is coraline from another region.

no just different levels of light you see more purple in lower light and lighter colors in high light areas

Is that if it is even in early stages? The stuff on the rock I really have to scrub t but the dark pink/purple stuff on the glass rubs off pretty easy I am not sure what else it would be then?

Coralline will come off the glass fairly easy.But thats because the glass is smooth so it cant hold on as good.

I had something very similar and it appeared to be green coralline. Yours looks very similar to what I had. But I wonder if green coralline even exists. Yours looks like coralline that bleached and then had a fine thin layer of good old green algae that grew over. With mine, the green was covered by red and purple coralline soon after.

I talked to a guy around here and he said that the green is just the early/young stages of the more mature purple coralline.

I talked to a guy around here and he said that the green is just the early/young stages of the more mature purple coralline.

Thats my thinking.
I've noticed that I'll get some hard green stuff on the glass,then if I dont scrape it off,it'll turn purple in a few days.

Back