Green Hornet Zoanthids

I really don't want to appear argumenative, but there are no such things. Do a search. Call a reputable on-line coral retailer/wholesaler. Ask the Zoa guys on RC, you know, the people that are all knowing in the zoa field.

It's a company in the mid-west trying to make money off the latest hornet rage. That's all it is, that is all it can be. Just because it has a ring Capt, does not make it a Hornet.

Since you started a thread on RC about these zoas and quoted me...let me quote my reply back to you.

Yes...that is exactly what I said. Anyone care to prove me wrong and show me this so called "criteria" for naming any zoas? It MUST HAVE....??????? Someone decided to give a colorful zoa a name. It caught on. Now it's silly with all the exotic names.

I also don't understand the "cashing in" or "making money" comments. I never bought any corals from the vendor and have no affiliation with them at all, but he is selling a 20 polyp frag for $25. That's "cashing in"? How much do LA Lakers go for?

Larry, I saw it on RC. And yes I quoted your reply to me, but only the reply, not your name or any info about you. That's not the way I am. Also, you may want to go back and re-visit that site you hot-linked for those zoas. They changed the name.

Like I said, I'm really not trying to be, or wanting to be argumenative. It just erks me to see people mis-label something either intentionally to try and make an extra buck, or un-intentionally because they don't have the correct information on their product.

I agree the price is great, like I've already stated. you really can't beat that. But like I said, I started searching them as soon as I saw the thread, not to prove Dave wrong, but to see what they looked like because I hadn't heard or seen of any and was interested in getting some to add to the other Hornets I already have in my tank.:Cheers:

One of these days I'm gonna breed designer angel fish to feeds exclusively on designer zoanthids.:mrgreen:
While those are great looking zoas and I'd probably pay $25 or $30 for that rock.:D

Larry's got the site. It's saltyunderground.com. I see they also changed the name to LA Lakers. I got an email a few minutes ago from Lisa Brown, the owner, saying they misnamed them and she would refund my money if I wanted. I appreciate their honesty, but I bought them for look. So I said ship asap please.

They are a good company. That's where I got my aiptasia eating nudis from. I have also purchased corals from them and the pieces were larger than expected. Nice surprise.

not only that, 25 bucks is a good price for a zoa rock with 25 polyps

25.00 is a great price on those. I paid more for mine.

Dave, I'm sorry if I started a big stir on your thread. Those zoas really are amazing. I just didn't want to see you pay for a mis-named zoa if you were in fact looking to buy only a Hornet. :bowdown:

25.00 is a great price on those. I paid more for mine.

Dave, I'm sorry if I started a big stir on your thread. Those zoas really are amazing. I just didn't want to see you pay for a mis-named zoa if you were in fact looking to buy only a Hornet. :bowdown:

No worries at all. I appreciate you helping me out with the correct info. I did some looking myself and they def look like LA Lakers. As I stated above I don't care so much about the name as I do the colors and how they will look in my tank. The price was awesome as well so I couldn't pass it up.

Wade we're going to have to elect you Coral (specializing in Zooanthids) Sheriff. Kinda like the Tang Police, except for corals. We can tell you what we are thinking of getting and you can advise us. :bowdown:

Someone will have to design a badge for you, once you're elected. :mrgreen:

LA Lakers? That isn't even the Laker color scheme. That is an insult to LA. Stop calling them that before you jinx the whole team.

I just got another email saying my zoa's were shipped. She also threw in a free frag from the naming mixup. I've bought corals from them before and they are still doing well in my tank. Good company!

She didn't say what the frag was. She just said she threw in a freebie and if I don't like it I can try to trade it at a swap. Lucky for me I'm going to a swap this weekend so we'll see what it is and if I like it.

Also, I forgot to include this, I got the larger frag. She said it has around 40+ polyps and that was $32.99

Last edited:
Pictures will be posted on Thursday. By time I get home from work tonight night the lights will be off. I'll have to wait until Thursday AM to take a picture when the lights come back on.

Salty Underground,I remember them now.I bought berghia nudibranches from them.Damn,they were expensive!They didn't work out to well against my battle with aiptasias.

Back