Green LTA question

swninja

Reefing newb
So my tanks to new for an anenome, yes i know that. Its only been up a month, and im sure at some point it will all blow up in my face, but so far so good. My dumb question of the day, lta's are photosynthetic. They also eat random food floating around the tank. If the little bastards like/need light, why is he chilling in the back corner of the tank, shaded from the MH lights. Looks healthy, wide open all day and mostly closed at night. Eats when i feed him, but is completely out of the light. Anybody else have an LTA that stays out of the light, or did i just get a freak of an anenome?

Could be any one of a million reasons Anemones go into the shade like that.
As long as it's looking healthy, leave it alone.

Yeah. I havent touched him. Yesterday he crawled up to a powerhead, released from the rock and launched around the tank Then he made his way right back to the same spot and latched onto the rocks right below the powerhead again. Seemed odd, but who am i to judged.

Be careful of that powerhead -- you might want to cover it with some netting if he keeps moving towards it. You don't want the nem to become puree from getting too close.

He hasnt really crawled up to it. He crawls up the rocks in front of it. I think he likes he flow. What would i cover it with. Some kind of screen material?

Back