Green Mandarin Diet

You might want to consider a pod pile. This is a pile of live rock rubble where the space between the rocks is too small for fish to get into in. The pods can breed and grow in there.

Something you have to keep in mind Eli.That six-lines move and feed a whole lot faster than mandrines do.So a six-line could really out compete a mandrine for the pods.

Well I figure since I have to get the mandarin first anyway I might as well. And if it doesn't make it...then I will just get the wrasse later.

Yeah Eli,Just flip a coin and pick the one you like the best.
Another thing most folks dont think of with Mandrines,is you wont see them out a lot.
They like to hunt for pods back in the rock,so thats usually where they stay in bigger tanks like a 55 and up.

Yeah Eli,Just flip a coin and pick the one you like the best.
Another thing most folks dont think of with Mandrines,is you wont see them out a lot.
They like to hunt for pods back in the rock,so thats usually where they stay in bigger tanks like a 55 and up.

After a while with my mandarin, I only saw her eat mysis today for the first time. She spends most of her time cruisin' around looking for pods. But they will decimate the population of pods in your tank; if you have anything else that eats pods, you may not have enough. I have her and a PJ fish competing, but a pretty productive refugium generator pods supplies.

I do see her out a lot of the time, though - actually more than my clown who likes to hide in the rock all day...the loser....

Back