Greetings from Alaska!

Alaskastu

Reefing newb
Well hello all!
Like most I've dabbled in fresh water tanks off and on again for years and took the plunge into saltwater earlier this year. I've spent most of my time on another forum but it was a smaller one that meant some of my questions went unanswered.

So here I am. I've got a 20 g long reef live rock/sand fish tank that I'm quite happy with. It was a great learning experience and I can't wait to begin my next tank and correct all of the mistakes I made the first to around. Sadly my computer is on the fritz so i wont be able to post pictures for now and its low on the priority list as my girlfriend is expecting our first child :)
Anyway, I'll tell you about the tank and I'm sure you'll see some posts coming soon asking for some opinions and help with a few things I'm experiencing and plans.

20gL
36lbs live sand
I'm guessing close to 20lbs of live rock
Huge HOB penguin class E. (got my two heaters back there as well as filter floss and elite puriguin)
green star polyps
Pair of clowns
Beauty angel
Scooter blenny
Convict goby
Emerald crab
Two different colony's of green mushrooms (need to identify them after I get pictures)
Very small cuc, upgrading ASAP. Think I've got one turbo, another snail, blue and red legged hermits.
Two peppermint shrimp.

The tank is a little over stocked as I write it out but everything lives great together, nice and peaceful. Going to be turning my 6g fluval into a salt soon and will take the load off the 20 with that. Anyway!! Thanks for checking my post out.

Back