growing coraline algae?

I agree with little_fish.. there is green ( along with pink white purple and red) coralline algae is it hard on the glass?
and I have no powerheads in my 150..:D

They aren't in your DT but located somewhere in your system....you can't possibly keep a tank without flow....

+1 dana
one powerhead is definately not the way to go.. you are better off going with two smaller to get some different wave action on the coral..
softies 20times
lps 20 to 40
sps 40 times or better per hour.

I know your friend is all about the no powerhead thing, but personally i think that is the biggest line of poo. I have 3 powerheads plus my return and every time i have increased the flow in my tank, i have noticed everything in my tank looks better, even my softies. Plus the ocean is never still, far from it. Even the lagoon areas get flow as the tides change.

And +1 Dana

nah I hated the look of the heads in the tank seemed to really take away from the look ..
so i put in a iwaki external then ran 1 inch lines back to the tank and reduced it to 3/4 with a couple heads on to increase flow when it entered the tank.. the tank wasnt reef ready so I have an overflow so all you see is that in the tank . but covered in coralline now doesnt look "too bad"..

I have had more growth in the tank since I switched over to no heads then I had before the switch.. the biggest thing was the action created by the way the heads were positioned... I have more movement now in the tank then when I had 4 heads in it. and the heads were supposed to give me 6000 gph..

lmao i have plenty of coraline to share, i just posted a thread about removing it from the glass.. i used reef code a and b and within 8 months, my back glass was all purple. it takes off and spreads like fire.

I have had more growth in the tank since I switched over to no heads then I had before the switch.. the biggest thing was the action created by the way the heads were positioned... I have more movement now in the tank then when I had 4 heads in it. and the heads were supposed to give me 6000 gph..

ah, that makes so much more sense!

Back