GSP not opening!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-Coralif...249?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c4fc89e1
24" Coralife PC lighting with 1 54w actinic 480nm /1 54w daylight

We have 2 of these in our 55g canopy without the housing. The ballasts are on the back of the canopy. We have 2 daylights and 2 460nm actinic bulbs.
canopy-1.jpg

6/8/12 - big kenya tree & 1 mushroom
6/14/12 - 2 small kenya trees
6/16/12 - hammer coral, frogspawn, yellow polyps, zoanthids, green mushrooms
6/28/12 - ricordea mushroom, zoanthids
7/21/12 - gsp & zoanthids

Last edited:
Interesting. While my lights might be just adequate to get things going at least for a bit, I think I am going to get an LED fixture. I haven't heard much good about compact fluorescents and am regretting rushing into a lighting setup without too much research.
Regardless, thanks to everyone for your help!

Interesting. While my lights might be just adequate to get things going at least for a bit, I think I am going to get an LED fixture. I haven't heard much good about compact fluorescents and am regretting rushing into a lighting setup without too much research.

I think you will be happy with that decision. My only piece of advice is to think through the fixture you get. While the 1w LEDs might not be able to support an anemone, they will support most everything else. I'd actually be a little concerned that if you go with a higher end fixture that uses 3w LEDs on your tank that you might fry your corals since your tank isn't really isn't very deep. I put a Par38 bulb over my 10g tank and have had to raise it almost to the ceiling to not fry my corals. And that only puts out 2.5 watts per bulb. If you do use a fixture that has 3w bulbs, I'd make sure it either has the capacity to be dimmed or raised.

Hey, you wanted to know what we were using :) We have a T5 fixture on our 90gal and that we'll be better.. I was just telling you that for right now the PC's are working for us :D LED's will be nice for you.. they just cost alot for the good ones! Don't skimp on them though.. we have a friend who has a Marineland Reef Capable 48"-60" led fixture and it won't even penetrate 12" for him, so they're not very good. He payed over $300.

Last edited:
Back