Gurgling noise

We pulled the tube out, it made the tank fill up. So, we cut the tube shorter and pushed the pvc down lower. The noise was the water running over that box. We let the water level go up higher so it wasn't like a waterfall to fill up that box. It's quiet now.

Finally got my sump that's 20 feet down done, but the overflow was real LOUD!! My usually small air tube just wasn't fast enough. The usual trick of reducing the flow wouldn't work neither. The Quiet One 14000 is damn strong! It sucked dry my 2/3 filled 75 gallon sump in just a minute.

I drilled the vent hole bigger and bigger and ended up using the largest drill bit that I had. I push a tube down and it still making the gurgling noise occasionally. I then adjusted how far the tube is push down the vent hole. And it's all quite now.

Never noticed that adjusting how far the tube is push down can control the vent speed. Learn something new everyday!

Glad to hear you got it fixed. How do you like the Quiet One 14000? I find them to be true to their name: quiet. I have two of them in my sump!

I've been using 3-4 of the lower models of the Quiet One. They are simply incredibly quiet compare to all other brands out there. I just don't understand why many people still swear by the mag drive.

How the hell you need 2 of the 14000? This pump is a monster!!

I got mag drives in the beginning and they were sooo noisy. I hated them and returned them. I think a lot of reefers get stuck on something and are afraid to venture out and try different things.

I need two of them because I don't have any power heads in my tank so all my water movement is from 5 returns. They work very well!

hehe. I can totally see that. My 2 water returns was pushing water all around much better than my K3s and K5s in the empty 125.

Back