Hammer time

Went to the LFS to waste some time. Asked the guy if he'd be willing to frag his hammer for me and he said sure. Got this bad boy for 10 bucks...

IMG_0332.jpg

Thanks guys, i thought he woulda wanted more but i think he's trying to break his tank down. He has had his own tank in the fish store for the past 2 months and ive seen him selling stuff out so i just asked. Hes the same guy that sold me the black sun coral and dentro's and ricodia for 20 bucks. They know i spend alot of money there also, ive bought almost all my LR from them and a good portion of my corals. Ive been begging him to slice up his huge duncans because i want a few but i dont wanna spend an arm and a leg for the whole piece. Hopefully soon ill get some of those! So i now have a froggy and a hammer! i love it.

Love the Hammer. I used to have a similar hammer with several heads that just loved being fed. Thanks for sharing.

Yea i just found out he likes to be fed....i was feeding my other corals and just dragged the eye dropper with mysis and brine threw his tenticals and squirted it into it and it took it all. I then tried my frogspawn and it liked it too. I didnt think either ate that stuff but appeantly they love it.

Spot feeding will make them grow like a weed. The guy might be pocketing the money for himself and thats why your getting the "deal"

I didnt know a hammer or a frogspawn could be considered a weed. Thought everyone likes these things. I want it to grow out of control so i can sell what i dont need and maybe someone else wants.

He defintly is poketing the money considering it came from his tank. I think hes breaking down his take because the store itself which he owns is going out of business. Doesnt bother me none. Ive been gettin some sweet deals

. Ive been begging him to slice up his huge duncans because i want a few but i dont wanna spend an arm and a leg for the whole piece. Hopefully soon ill get some of those!.

I was totally lucky enough to find a beautiful duncan at my LFS with only two heads on it for $20!! Two months later it has already doubled in size. They are awesome.

Dana, which LFS is this?

The one i buy MOST of my corals from. Coral Corner in Racine WI (like 6 blocks from my house =p)

Where i buy my fish/inverts Aquatics Unlimited. Milwaukee WI (Their corals are to pricey for my pocket book,although they do have a decent cheap frag tank.)

Nothstar what were you looking to buy? I could point you in the right direction or i might have what your looking for.

Nothing in paricular, just starting to look at corals. I live about 5 minutes from aquatics unlimited, if you're looking for something and want to save the drive, let me know! The next time you're up here we should get together :)

PM me your name and number. I'll be Goin up there around the 1st of dec to get water for a water change. I've also gotta get a few things for my mantis tank.

The one i buy MOST of my corals from. Coral Corner in Racine WI (like 6 blocks from my house =p)

Where i buy my fish/inverts Aquatics Unlimited. Milwaukee WI (Their corals are to pricey for my pocket book,although they do have a decent cheap frag tank.)

Nothstar what were you looking to buy? I could point you in the right direction or i might have what your looking for.

aquatics unlimited is where I got most of my stuff from too. What do you have that you are willing to sell?

Back