has anybody

dustin_P74

Reef enthusiast
ordered the Fiji premium live rock from liveaquaria.com? and if so does it come cured or un-cured? and one more question if it needs to be cured how long does it usually take? thanks in advance.

I've ordered it. I believe that you can either get it cured or uncured, but getting it cured will cost extra. I bought the uncured kind, and I let it cure for 2 to 3 weeks before I added it to my tank. My parameters didn't spike at all, and it was really nice rock.

well im not concerned about having to cure it before i add it to the tank as i have mentioned before that its a new tank that still has to cycle and if its uncured it wouldnt be a problem because it would just help cycle the tank. i was just asking because on the description it doesnt specify if its cured or un-cured

What kind are you looking at? They say whether they are cured or not.

The standard Fiji is pre-cured, which pretty much means uncured.

There's also fully-cured Fiji, which is, well, fully-cured.

There's premium Fiji, which also says pre-cured.

It will tell you either in the title or description if it's cured or not.

long texts make me zone out but i did see that at the bottom in big bold letters it says "it is imperative to cure this rock again upon receipt" so i didnt know exactly what that meant about the status of that rock being cured or not

I got some Fiji select from marine depot that was completely un-cured.
The entire house smelled like tractor-trailer load of dead rottin fish for nearly 4 weeks.

Back