Heat Spike??

ReefWannabe

Reefing newb
Ok so as ive posted all over today I got my clowns acclimated and in tank fine. I went to check the temp and check them out and saw the temp is sitting at 80 degrees now..... I acclimated them at 76.5, and now my smaller clown has some white specs on him.................................. Figures.
So since its more than likely ich with my luck anyways, im starting hyposalinity in 2 days. I thought about a freshwater dip, but id like to kill it if its in the tank. I dont have any inverts to harm with hypo. But how much of a drop can they handle at once??? Ill be watching them over the next 2 days until hypo time, but im not sure about how to drop it w/o hurting them more?? I know if i get ro/di and take out my tank water and add unsalted ro water it would drop it, but i dont want to go at this to fast?

Extra heat from the halides.Clowns are pretty reseliant fish so it should make it.
I hope the hyposality works.I heard that uv filter helps also.Its early but it may be time for the cleaner shrimp you wanted

I'm not a pro at this, But when I introduce something new to my tank,,my blue hipo tang gets the white spots..so I read in here , someone said (cleaner shrimp).long story short,,,when she gets white spot,by the next day..He has her cleaned up..But when she gets white spot now ,,she knows where to go..It's very cute to watch them

Try mounting a small fan to blow acrocss the water, preferably in the sump if you have one (asthetics). If you get ich a UV sterilizer is a great way to go in clearing up the mess without having to add suplements to the tank or risk killing the fish. Just thoughts.

wow lol i figured no one saw this post. It wasnt from my halides, since they arent mounted yet. I slightly moved my heater the smallest amount lol, and it spiked. So I brought it down over the course of a few days. I havent seen any spots in 2 weeks. Only 1 clown had gotten like 3-4 I think, I mean coulda been sand??? But Ive very very very closely monitered them, and have seen not a spec on either fish. So im still hoping it wasnt. But they have voracious appetites so they get food with selcon everyday.

I dont have one yet, but over the next 2 weeks ill be looking for 2. Buts till no signs of ich. I know about the livecycle of ich, but usually spots go away for a week or 2 and come back. yet nothing came back, and he only had spots for a day.

dude buy a cleaner shrimp it really works i've had ich 2 times i don't ever put no chem in the water the shrimp takes care of my fish lol and clowns are really hard to kill good luck bro

Back