Hello all. Rob from Glendora, Ca here

sps

Reefing newb
Hi everyone. I found this site by searching led lights. I am down to a 300 gallon reef. I have had several tanks in the past from aggressive fresh water, brackish, community fresh, FOWL and reef. I have been in the hobby heavily since 2004. Took some down time and I'm back now. I am in the process of getting the 3000 up as soon as my lighting comes in. I will be adding as much of my experience as I will be asking for suggestions. So... see you in the threads and glad to be a new member.:Cheers:

Little_fish, I will start a showcase as soon as the water hits the tank. I will have before and after pics. I want to get enough pics built up so its not a dragged out thread, i.e 2 pics a week.

Bifferwine, I am getting 5 Aqua Illumination Sol blue fixtures and if its not enough, I will go with 6 total. My display is 96" so I am hoping 5 will do the job. But I have just come across an updated plasma article and they look soooo good. But the wattage is too high. I am trying to cut down on heat and water dissipation.

Welcome to the site!!
I was following a build a while back where a guy was using plasmas on his tank. They are pretty amazing, and the PAR at the bottom of his tank was still extremely high.

Right on! I just got back from picking up 300 lbs. of live rock and I am going to start making the water tomorrow. The rock is sitting in a huge bin in the garage with plenty of power heads circulating. I'm getting impatient. I want to get some water in the tank fast. Here is a quick preview with the canopy almost finished. Walnut stand and canopy. My son in front of it for size definition. Pic is from my first Droid so bear with the low quality.

2010-11-14_20-23-02_36-1.jpg

Right on! I just got back from picking up 300 lbs. of live rock and I am going to start making the water tomorrow. The rock is sitting in a huge bin in the garage with plenty of power heads circulating. I'm getting impatient. I want to get some water in the tank fast. Here is a quick preview with the canopy almost finished. Walnut stand and canopy. My son in front of it for size definition. Pic is from my first Droid so bear with the low quality.

2010-11-14_20-23-02_36-1.jpg

Holy CRAP! That thing is MONSTROUS!!!!

Thanks everyone. I just plumbed everything today, added the walnut moulding to finish off the stand and canopy. And finally making the r/o water. At 120 gallons per day, I have 3 days to go until I can add water to the tank. I took about 40 pics of the process so I will have a nice thread to start.
I have been surfing a lot of threads and I can tell this is a great place to hang out. The "database" link is one of the best ideas I have seen in a forum. Thanks again.
Rob.

Back