Hello All

ajt1082

Reefing newb
Hello-

I am new to the forum (obviously).....I have a 75 gallon with 100 lbs of live rock and about 100 lbs of live sand.......this is my first attempt and things are progressing well...it has been running since october..levels are all good....keeping the nitrates down was an issue but seems to be holding up now....I have 260watt powercompacts w/lunarlights....I only have a few fish and a good cleaning crew so far:

3 Green Chromis
2 Neon blue gobies
Not sure what fish are next
Maybe Clowns
any other suggestions?

I have one Button Polyp and a Mushroom

Looking to expand with some other polyps and mushrooms as I dont think my lighting will handle much more than that.

Looking through the site for the past couple of months has been an unbelievable tool/resource. So thanks for all the advice you have given me without knowing!

That said I just wanted to say hello.

Welcome to the reef.
Dont be a stranger,Jump on in with us.You'll find this board is as addictive as your tank.And remember to post pics.

Hello and welcome! It sounds like you are well on your way to having an awesome tank. Feel free to post any questions you might have. And please forgive the weirdos on here, they are harmless... :)

You guys have already helped more than you know.....I have done quite a bit of reading during the set up of my tank.

I will get some pics up in the morning.

thanks again!

here is some info about my setup:

75 Gallon Glass
Aqua C remora Pro Skimmer (which I have been really happy with)
Maxi Jet 1200 with Wave Maker attachment thing (not sure of the technical name)
2 Hydor Koralia 3's
Coral Life 260 Watt Power compact with lunar lights

welcome, glad to have you here. i will look foreward to pics of your tank.

skimmer is a good choice. tons of people seem to think its the best for the money

Welcome to the site!

You have plenty of lights for soft coral and many,many LPS corals.As far as your next fish,there are so many choices.Purple firefishes are always nice.

Good luck

WELCOME, glad you could make it to the forum!

Your lights are plenty for frogspawn, hammers, xenia, toadstool leathers, nepthia, scolymia, etc. Don't stress about that, just plan for the LPS to be a bit higher on the aquascaping and the softies lowest. Your tank can be awesome.

As for fish, you have enough room for a foxface (great fish) and anthias (which are trendy now - Bartletts being the best). Pygmy angels are also a great addition if you are willing to accept a risk (avoid keyhole angels - please learn from my mistake - bicolor angels and lemon peel angels as they will EAT your corals) most people like the flame and coral beauty. i am a fan of Potter's angelfish and I don't think anyone has one.

You might even be able to squeeze in a yellow tang (probably with catch :pooh: for recommending that though)

enjoy your tank and POST PICS

-Doc

well to living reefs. what part of oklahoma are you from? If you are close enough to me, I may be able to hook you up with some softies when the time comes for another pruning in my tank.

Best group EVER! Left the Canadian boards cause these guys (and Gal) are just so much more helpful and friendly! Welcome to the boards!

You'll find this board is as addictive as your tank.
its true...i wasnt even sure if i could handle a tank right now and now im getting sucked into this and im itching to get my first tank...everyone here is soooooo friendly. so welcome:)

OK, we are welcoming and friendly if you are not ignoring out advice. we speak from years of experience and literature reading. You might catch a few sarcastic remarks if you do :mrgreen:

-Doc

Thanks for all of the "welcomes and hellos"

I have been out of pocket somewhat for the past couple days as my wife got me a puppy for Christmas...LOOONG Nights....

I will post a pic of the tank here in a sec.

012.JPG

Back