Hello all!!

indecloudzua

Reefing newb
hello all!!
saltwater virgin here!!been in the freshwater aquascaping hobby for over 15yrs now and looking for a little change of pace..starting to do my research on saltwater reef aquariums..ill be asking plenty of questions when i cant find the info on here so just bare with me!! i have a little experience with saltwater having maintained customer's saltwater tanks when i worked a saltwater store back when i was in high school..
thanks in advance for all the help!!
chris

Hello and welcome to the site...glad to have you aboard. Yeah, canister filters aren't really used with saltwater.

howdy and welcome to the site.. :D
ask as many questions as you need too, will save you time and money down the road..

Welcome!!

Canister filters are up to you. I love mine but people here will tell you Skimmers are better. personal preference

In saltwater, live rock and protein skimmers generally serve the functions that are traditionally served by canister filters in freshwater. However, canister filters can be used to run chemical media such as activated carbon

Welcome to the reef

cool, thanks. i was thinking that i could prob use it in some aspect like the activated carbon like you said. ive got plenty of questions already but im pretty sure i need to post that in the other forum section. thanks again for the welcomes!!and the advice thus far..

Back