Hello from Bushkill, PA

OneFishTwoFish

Reefing newb
:sfish:Hello all, new to aquaria, and already addicted. We started my son out with a 55 Gallon Malawi Cichlid tank, which he and I love, and that just isnt enough....so I Very Recently began my own Fowlr tank, and currently have one resident, a 2.5 inch (not counting tail) coral beauty angelfish, named (Yes, we name our fish!) Coral, of course. [My son's idea].
I am hoping to add a mating pair of black saddleback clowns this weekend, and a diamond spotted Goby a couple weeks (or so) after that. Patience is NOT a virtue I have, :grumble: but I am hoping this new love will help in that department.
We are in the Delaware Water Gap, for those of you who dont know where or what a "Bushkill, PA" is.:dunno: It is a community of trees, mountains, rivers, and the occasional house. My LFS is about 1 hour away.....:shock:, and the NSLFS is 2+.

Thanks for the welcome, and bless this day!

Howdy and welcome to the site.. patience is not something i am rich in either but had to learn it for this hobby. :D
Dont feel alone I think most of us name most if not all of our fish..
Enjoy and good luck..

How you doing? Glad to have you Lets see 35 years ago my wife and I honeymooned at paradise stream in the Poconos one of the places they took us was Bushkill Falls it must have been pretty cool since I can still remember the foot bridges and such.......:cupidarr:

Hello and Welcome!!

I see you have a 30 gal tank, which means you will be fully stock with the two clowns and coral beauty. In saltwater it isnt wise to have more than one small fish for every 10 gallons until your tank is well matured.

Hello and Welcome!!

I see you have a 30 gal tank, which means you will be fully stock with the two clowns and coral beauty. In saltwater it isnt wise to have more than one small fish for every 10 gallons until your tank is well matured.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Question: do i have room enough for my little diamond spotted goby as well, or do I need to make do with only one clown....:grumble:

If no room at the inn, what type of sand-sifting person would you recommend - I have 4 small hermit crabs at present. Thanks for the input.

OneFish......

You can overstock a tank, you just cant do it when the tank is young. I would do the coral beauty last, angels tend to do better when the tank a little more mature anyways. Just keep the two clowns and the goby until your tank is around the 8 month mark and then evaluate whether or not the tank can handle one more fish.

Back