Hello

acerhigh

just a reefer
Hi All,

Was looking around here.... I really like the fish database you have going on here....

I used to moderate another reef forum online...... but after a couple years I decided I'd rather be "just a reefer"

I've had saltwater tanks since 1988...... however my current passion started shortly after I bought my business in May 2000 and was able to have the tank in my office at work...... My current tank is a 120 gallon with a 50 breeder for a sump/fuge.... ASM G3 skimmer..... a korallin ca reactor. Dart pump feeding an oceans motions super squirt for my closed loop and a mag 12 thru a scwd for the return and a 4 bulb T5 retro fixture overdriven by an icecap 660

looking forward to sharing and learning with the rest of you........ no matter how long you're in the hobby.... there is always something new to learn..........

Have a GREAT day!

welcome to the site, sounds like you have a great setup going. can you post a full size image of the acro in your avatar, or better yet a bunch of pics of your tank and setup?

welcome to the site, sounds like you have a great setup going. can you post a full size image of the acro in your avatar, or better yet a bunch of pics of your tank and setup?

this is/was my prize coral in a 156 gallon tank that I had..... it RTN'd in a little over a day....... I tried fragging it, but wasn't able to save anything.... 2 days later I found I had red bugs...... I didn't think they were supposed to affect milli's........ but that is the only explaination I could come up with for what happened.... I also lost a rose milli at the same time...... everything else in the tank was fine, even the acros...

milliblue.jpg

BTW this photo is untouched in anyway other than resizing..... this was the true color of the milli....... mounted right in the center of the tank..... Everyone bugged me for frags of it...... but I was too worried about damaging it, now I wish I had fragged it.....

Last edited:
thanks for the welcomes, I will get some pictures of my tank up soon.

I need to photograph the tank later in the day, the reflections coming thru the window are really messing with the color balance..... here is one fts that wasn't too bad...... I still need to get a greycard for my camera to adjust the whitebalance properly though......

IMG_0284.jpg

Last edited:
man that sand is white

LOL yeah it looks that way...... it is pretty white though, this tank has only been set up for about 6 weeks so far...... all the inhabitants or most of were in a 60 gallon I had set up that was so packed I haven't been able to add anything new in over a year... so the sand is fairly new...... used some of the old to seed the new..... used all the live rock from the old and added about 50-60lbs or so....

Back