Hello

Jp28

Reefing newb
Hi everyone :D, First I would like to thank everyone for the great deal of information, links, photos, stories about your tanks and personal experiences with the hobby. My fiancee and I are new to the hobby and have set up 55 gallon reef tank with a 20 gallon sump/fuge which has been running for just over 3 months.

current equipment:
Aqua Reef RO DI Reverse Osmosis water System
CPR CS50 Overflow Box 300 gph
Aqualifter pump
Danner Mag-Drive Supreme 5 pump 500 gph
Reef Octopus NWB 150
2 petco powerheads 120 gph and a 260gph (will be replacing)

Live stock:
100 lbs LR (going to be adding 10 or 20 lbs more)
10 Nassarius Snails
2 turbo snails
3 blue/green chromis
1 firefish

We do plan on putting a much lager cleaning crew in the tank but right now with the tank just starting up I don't want anyone starving. I have been adding cleaners as I see build up in the tank. We look forward to talking to everyone and any help and suggestions are very welcome :mrgreen:. Oh yeah we do have pics from the setup and how its running right now; would it be alright to post them here, or should I start another post?

Welcome to the site and the hobby Jp.
Go ahead and start yourself a thread in the showcase forum.That way we can all see your reef grow and you got a record of it from now till whenever.And feel free to post any questions or comments you have.Thats why were all here.:D

It sounds like you are off to a great start!

If you want to post pics of the tank, your best bet is to start a thread in the "Tank Showcase" forum. Then you can update your pictures in the same place when you make changes to your tank.

Have you thought of adding more firefish? They are schooling fish. The one you have will probably come out more if it feels safe in numbers.

Back